- due by the end of today
- must write introduction ONLY on The Effect of Trade Liberalisation on Unskilled Workers in Developed Countries
- deadline is strict: 12 hours from now it is DUE
- maybe talk about: Labor (Heckscher Ohlin model), Relative factor Abundance: Mexico, unskilled labor, things changed in nafta (wage before nafta and after), Stolper–Samuelson theorem
Explore an analytical base to find liberalization and look at effect of particular types of labor
- incorporate the relevant sources below and use more if needed
- remember this is an introduction, so be clear and descriptive and do not drag the points on
Autor, D. H., Dorn, D., Hanson, G.H. (2013) The China Syndrome: Local Labour Market Effects of Import Competition in the United States, in: American Economic review, 103(6): 2121-2168.
Frieden, J. (2017) The Politics of globalisation backlash: Sources and implications, paper presented at the annual meetings of the American Economics Association, January 6, 2018.
Samuelson, P. (1938) Welfare Economics and International Trade, in: American Economic review 28(2): 261-266.
Samuelson, P. (1948) International Trade and the Equalisation of Factor Prices, in: Economic Journal 58(230): 163-184.
Slaughter, M.J., Swagel, P. (1997) Does Globalisation Lower Wages and Export Jobs? In: Economic Issues, Number 11 (IMF). (Available at: https://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/issues11/